Monday, May 20, 2013

I before E! Liebster Award!

Lauren at Lauren's Glass Slipper nominated me for a Liebster Award! I'm super excited about this, mostly because it makes me feel special that I was one of the bloggers that she chose out of all the amazing blogs out there. Thanks Lauren!  The Liebster award is a way to recognize your favorite blogs and have some fun learning new things about each other in the process!
LiebsterAward
Here is how it works:
1. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
5. Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated. 


My 11 Random Facts:
1. I fell asleep in a Pink Floyd concert once.  Well...that's pretty random, right? ;)

2.  I was blond my whole life until about 10 years ago (I was about 30 if you are doing the math) when I dyed my hair red for Halloween (gypsies aren't blond!) and never went back.

 3.  I homeschool my kids, I have since I pulled my boys out of school when they were in 1st and 2nd grade.  My oldest just graduated highschool! My youngest, Savannah, has never gone to school.


4. I grew up going to Wisconsin every summer and winter.  It was my favorite place to be, we stayed at a large lodge that had skiing in the winter and horseback riding in the summer.  I would climb the ski slopes in the summer and sit in fields of wildflowers, daydreaming.  I went looking for a picture on the interwebs, this is as good as I could find...maybe we need to take a trip back so I can get my own photos!

5. I starting running as an adult, I hated running when I was younger, it always hurt and I couldn't breathe.  

6. I'm a petsitter.  I started my business when we moved out to this rural area 10 years ago and I love it!  I'm my own boss and I get to play, love on, and have fun with all kinds of animals: dogs, cats, birds, pigs, chickens...you name it! And I get paid for it. Score.

7.  I like the same music as my 12 year old daughter. Taylor Swift, Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, anything Pop.  Well, and 80s music. Savannah calls it "retro" music.  LOL.  Proof...(because I'm a photographer and have to post pictures in all posts.  It's a personal rule!  My daughter and I at the Taylor Swift concert this past March:



8.  I was a Psychology major in college, only had about 6 classes left but we moved and I never got my degree.  I'm fairly analytical and have passed it on to my kids.  My 17 year old son Dallas (and my running partner) is going to follow in my footsteps and get a degree in Psychology as well.

9. I'm head over heels in love with my husband after 23 years.  He's my best friend and knows me better than anyone, except maybe myself.  He's a truck driver and has been home for 11 months because he ruptured a disc in his back and is now headed back to work.  I didn't realize how much I have enjoyed having him home all the time and I'm having a hard time with it...but that's another blog post in itself!  We went to Disney for our Anniversary this last November.  Amazing 3 day trip!

10.  I have a slight obsession with Fage yogurt right now.  I can seriously eat it ALL.DAY.LONG.  That and broccoli with some Parmesan on it. 

11.  I love all things DISNEYWORLD.  Not sure if that is random, it's certainly not surprising if you have read any of my blog posts! LOL.  What you might not know is that whenever we are planning a Disney trip (which is ALWAYS) we have special themed "Disney-Days".  This is usually something my BFF and I do with Savannah & Kya (my BFF's daughter).  We go all out, we have done themes from Pop Century, Pirates, UP, to Little Mermaid.  I think my favorite was a couple years ago when we did a mad-tea party. It was pretty mad!




11 Questions from Lauren at Lauren's Glass Slipper:
1. What race is at the top of your running bucket list?  The Princess 1/2 Marathon, naturally!! A Full marathon is just a little seed in the back of my mind...but it will be Disney all the way for my first!

2. If money was no object and you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?  Can I live at Disneyworld?  LOL.  Ok, money no object and I guess I could fly back and forth?  Somewhere on a beach...with lots of sun! 


3. What is your current running goal that you are working towards? I'm working towards my first half marathon next February, but a more current goal is finishing my first 10K in three weeks with a good time to submit to Disney!


4. What is your favorite food to eat after a race?  LOL...if you read above...broccoli and yogurt!  I know, boring.  Chocolate almond milk hits the spot after a long run too!


5. Of all the blog posts you have written, which one is your favorite? Oooh, hard one!  I think the first time I ran 5 miles.  I just loved how I felt when I wrote this:  I Can't Be Tamed.


6. What is your favorite movie?  Breakfast Club!  Best.80s.Movie.Ever...well, and Ferris Bueller. 


7. Who is your favorite Disney character?  So hard for me, it constantly changes. Is that strange?  Minnie used to be my favorite but I really love Merida and almost ALL the Toy Story characters.  Oh and Alice and the Mad Hatter!  See...I just love them all. 


8. Dogs or Cats? BOTH!  Love them both for different reasons. 


9. What is one thing you REALLY want to do in the next 5 years (does not have to be running related)? Not running related?  Is that possible? If it's not running related, it's DISNEY related in my world.  LOL.  I'm not sure...too focused on the 1/2 marathon, it's the one thing I'm focused on right now, everything else pales in comparison.  


10. Best piece of running advice anyone has ever given you? GO SLOW.  You have to do the mileage to get better, so just go slow and you'll get better and it will get easier. 


11. What is your dream job?  Disney ride/food/resort TESTER.  Is there such a thing?  LOL!


My 11 Questions for Others:
1. Tutu or Sparkleskirt?
2. How many furry kids do you have? 
3. How long have you been running? 
4. What's your profession?  
5. What's one of your favorite childhood memories?
6. Do you fuel during runs? What and when?
7. What was the last book you read?
8. Favorite race/distance you have run?
9. Three songs you love to run to?
10. Where is your favorite place to vacation?
11. Why do you love running? I know this gets asked a lot, but I never tire of hearing what runners love about running!

This was so much fun, I hope everyone else has fun with them as well!

My 11 Nominees – I follow so many fabulous blogs, these are some of my favorites! It was hard to choose just 11!
Lena at The Beginners Runner
Meg at Runaway Royalty 
Kim at Confessions of a Domestic Goddess
Rachel at Undercover Diva: A Sitcom
Karen at Just Me and My Running Shoes
Kristy at Runaway Bridal Planner 
Paige at The Last Doughnut
Amy at The point one will getcha!
Lea at Running with Ollie
Carrie at Aunt on the Run  
Lucy at Lucy On The Lookout
 

13 comments:

  1. Thanks Karen, So honored. I'll be doing this in some free time over the next few days. if I can find any free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen :D Loved reading your responses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see yours, it was a lot of fun to do.

      Delete
  3. I would be a Disney food tester with you in a heart beat!! LOL Thanks for the nomination!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I wish I could get paid to be eat and ride rides all day long at Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to eat*
      not to be eat lol!

      Delete
    2. LOL! Don't forget the rides...and the resorts! We have to test those out too! ;)

      Delete
  5. Just so you know, that pic of you at the concert is NOT proof that you love the music. I only say that because I have a pic like that with my girl. I tolerate the music but love her, lol.

    And that was a fun read- Kya and Savannah were both so little when we had the tea party! *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, you should have gotten a picture of me actually SINGING (screaming) at the top of my lungs during the concert! That would be better proof!

      Delete
  6. Thank you! I was going to nominate you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete