Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Help me pick!!

Thank you so much for the kind words yesterday, it means a lot!  So, since the verdict is in and I'm not vain...why not take even more pictures of myself?!? Haha.  Rey laughed a bit when I told him about my blog post yesterday and then ten minutes later wanted him to take multiple photos of me! ;)

So, instead of Tempo Tuesday (because I'm doing some hills today instead!) I need some fashion advice for my races.  I live in a small rural town, so my race schedule has been non-existent, really.  I have three races coming up in the next two months.  One is a Glow Run and I already have that outfit picked out, but the two that are coming up I'm unsure!

Some background to help you choose the 2 outfits: 

-This upcoming Saturday Dallas and I are running a 5K called Run4Hope.  It's not chip timed and is in the town next to ours, so a pretty small race.  I suspect 50 or less people.

-I am a little insecure about getting all decked out for either of these races, I don't want to look silly when it's such a small race?  I don't know why I'm worried about what people think of me, but there it is.  Sigh.

-The 2nd race is on June 8th and a bit more important.  That's my 10K, I need the chip time to submit to RunDisney for the Princess.

-The 10K is in a suburb of St. Louis(100 miles from me), I looked up the race info from the last couple years and there were about 200 people at that one.  Again, nerves about looking "silly" and also wanting to make sure I'm really comfortable so I can give it my all.

-The only thing I know for sure is that the 10K is called "Creve Coeur Heart to Heart 5K/10K" so I want to wear my black heart compression socks.  I like them better than the striped ones.

Without further rambling, I need you to choose 2 outfits, one for the 5K this weekend,  and another for the 10K.  They don't have to be these exact outfits, it could be mixed and matched from the three shots below.  I did my hair 3 different ways as well.

Rey is trying to veto your votes on hair, saying it's pigtails all the way, but I suspect for the 10K I will do a ponytail with my bangs back like in the 2nd shot.  I liked running with pigtails, but the 10K is more "serious" and it seems weird to wear pigtails. 


I'm over-analyzing this, yes?!!


 
Post your votes below!  Help a girl out.  Do you have specific outfits for races?  Should I worry about looking silly?  Do you think I'm just over-analyzing this because I'm nervous?  LOL!
(in all seriousness, I'm not that stressed about this, it's just for fun!)

26 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. LOL. Yes, girl, you're working yourself into a tizzy over very little, as I see it. You AND your outfits are very cute, all of them. I love the running skort, and plan to get one myself. My concern is my thighs rubbing together, so I'll probably wear longer shorts under it, like in your 3rd pic, at least until there's less of my thighs to rub together! LOL. My favorite outfit overall is your first one. I just like how the top ties in your purple shoes. As far as your hair, I'm with Rey and the pigtails. I don't know any other 40 yr old woman who can pull off wearing pigtails looking cute, fun, sexy, athletic, and not at all silly. I would look absolutely ridiculous in pigtails! But you - YOU can rock the pigtails! I also like the ponytailed hair with bangs down, but do they annoy you? or why do you clip them back? I didn't see yesterday's blog entry until this morning, but I knew you were much more trim this year. YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!! And you know what's great about being in shape? You look good in EVERYTHING! So don't worry so much about it. No one else is going to care what you're wearing. :) Really. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lora! I'm really not THAT worked up, I think it's leftover from yesterday...more insecure about posting so many pictures of myself. LOL. You could TOTALLY pull off pigtails! I might have to make you wear them for the glow run! ;) I had to try a couple skorts to find the right one where the shorts didn't ride up or bug me, but I got a Sparkletech skirt (only one b/c they are expensive!) and that's what the one in the first two pics is.

      Delete
  2. I like the colors of the first, but the overall aesthetic of the last one. I'm with Lora on the pigtails, unless they distract from the running...go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i *do* think you are overanalyzing this but i hope you consider that you may need the longer compression shorts on the longer race. nothing says "this is fun" like some serious thigh chaffing on a longer run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting you should say that. I haven't had any trouble with my sparkletech skirt (the plain black one), even on my 6 mile run the week before last, UNTIL today. No idea if they just got in the wrong position, but I had a tiny bit of chafing...so I may do the 3rd outfit with the longer shorts for the 10K! Good thinking!

      Delete
    2. even when i use copius amounts of run guard or body glide, sometimes it still wears down over time and i get some chafing. now i actually wear my sparkle tech over a pair of bskinz shorts with a longer inseam. the 2 pair of shorts might sound strange, but it keeps everything in place right where i want it. no chafing at the top near my groin, none at the bottom either. i have a friend who wears her sparkle tech over capri length pants for a similar reason. if i could find a way to make capri length pants (just past the knee) work with compression calf sleeves, i would totally do that with my skirts.

      Delete
    3. I have another running skirt that I had to do that with, put the shorts under. I am finding my crotch area really pinching or something in almost ALL my running gear...so much that I pull the seam into the crease of my leg sometimes when it bugs me. That concerns me for really long runs. The sparkletech hasn't given me any problems until the other day, once my legs get sweaty (which is pretty fast, LOL) they stick and don't move. I have a few more long runs before my 10K, so I'm going to make sure to wear them and make sure they are going to work! Thanks Amy!

      Delete
  4. I vote picture #3!

    Try not to stress so much over outfits, just go out there, do your thing, and own it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the third outfit. And definitely go with the pig tails!!
    I'm already planning my outfits/costumes for my races in August/September, so you're not the only one who over-analyzes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL! So many people like the pigtails...I can't believe it!

      Delete
  6. #3 and the pigtails! All are cute though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mol! It looks like #3 and the pigtails are the favorite so far!

      Delete
  7. Girl, you look HAWT! Yeah, I like em all. Whatever you're most comfortable in is my vote. Rock it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, none of those outfits look silly or overdone. So no worries there. I personally love the first one! And pigtails are adorable. Are you braiding them? Sometimes braided ones come out on my runs. But they look super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried braiding them! When I ran with them, I actually thought they stayed in better than a ponytail, my only reason for not wanting to do them is worrying that I'm too old for pigtails! LOL!

      Delete
  9. I like the third one with the hairstyle of the second one. Just to be difficult. Ha! :)
    Funny you posted this today as I spent some time searching Pinterest for my 1/2 marathon costume this afternoon. There are three of us running & we're going with an Alice theme. Only none of us are being Alice, I think (third person is still undecided). I'm 'Cheshire Cat'. Sis-in-law is 'Mad Hatter'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Nicole! I may actually do the third one with the second hairstyle for my 10K. I sweat a LOT when I run and my bangs get in the way. I'm going to do the pigtails for the 5K and see how it goes and then decide for sure for the 10K! The Alice theme sounds fantastic! I am doing Cinderella for The Princess, but I have no clue what I'm running in yet! I'm leaning towards a short tutu now that I have tried one on and liked it! I'm sure I'll have to make everyone choose for me again when we get to that race! LOL!

      Delete
  10. 1st outfit for the 10K and last outfit for the 5k! The last outfit is fun and if you aren't as serious about it, who cares what others think?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! That's what I'm leaning towards!

      Delete
  11. First and third for me. I love the pigtails on you, but like the classic ponytail with bangs as well.
    And damn, I wish I could wear those tops! You rock those hard core lady!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! Hey, you could totally rock them, I do have to put an extra sports bra under them when I run, but didn't do that in these pics since I was just taking pictures. YOU rock the SPARKLE! I want to get all those colorful team sparkle skirts like you!

      Delete
    2. Come to the Sparkle side! Our butts look fast in sparkle!!!

      Delete
  12. I love the first one, lots of colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Kat! I really like the colors in the first one as well, it's my most colorful top!

    ReplyDelete