Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wide-angle Wednesday

Shew, running a bit late today!  Dallas didn't want to get up this morning, we had storms that kept us up all night and lost electricity.  I ended up heading to the gym early for some speed work on the treadmill and came home just in time for him to wake up and start complaining that he wanted to go.   Sooooo, we went back!  I did have the decency to change workout clothes before going.  The second time I did strength training and 15 minutes on the elliptical while he ran.  THEN I went to my mid-day petsit and walked more with one of my favorite furry friends!  I'm spent now.  Time for the couch. 

Anywho...on to wide-angle Wednesday. I think it was Lauren that requested Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Photos?  I had to go back, it was 2009 when we went last, and my photography skills weren't so fantastic back then. I didn't have a single shot of the parade that wasn't blurry.  Disappointing, but I figured that I would overcompensate with other MNSSHP shots to make up for it.   



I adore how they light up Main Street for the parade.  See the ghost??



SPOOKY!


  
Hallowishes are SO awesome and totally different than Wishes


Nothing like a little Disney Halloween to make me feel like Fall is on the way! 

Have you been to MNSSHP?  Do you ever do double the workouts in a day?  Am I gonna hurt tomorrow? LOL.

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE Disney during the Fall, it just feels that much more magical. The pumpkins all over the park, the festive decorations, it is just so great.

    Your pictures take me back! The family went to the Halloween parties twice down in Disneyland. It was a ton of fun! The first year it was in California Adventure and they even let the adults wear costumes! The second time was a few years later and it was in Disneyland this time and it was just so magical! The way they change the lighting for the party and the fireworks were the best!

    Makes me want to go again this year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall is my favorite time of year, so fall at Disney is even better! It's been too long since I've been in the fall...I may have to find a way to remedy this! LOL

      Delete
  2. Mickey's Not SO Scary Halloween Party was one of the best times I've ever had at Disney. The trick or treating was a blast and there were so many characters out. It was so festive... absolutely loved it. Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved it as well and went twice! So much fun! THanks!

      Delete
  3. Your blue/green shot of the castle? Fantastic!

    Was really tempted to do a double workout yesterday - had a nice run/walk in the early morning and then by mid afternoon, I was tempted to try again. Glad I didn't because I'm a bit sore and tight this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY THANK YOU KAREN!! Awesome pics I cannot wait until October!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Halloween party is our absolute FAVORITE!!! There is nothing like Disney in the Fall---although lots of people might find that surprising. I liked it even better than the Christmas party :-) Dressing up for the party is the best part!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the Christmas party, but I'm guessing I would like the Halloween more. Rey & I were there at the beginning of November and they were starting to decorate for xmas and play xmas music and I actually didn't like it much? I think b/c it took away from the DISNEY feel and made it more Christmas feeling. No clue...but I LOVED the halloween stuff!

      Delete
  6. I do double workouts on Monday and Wednesday :) I was definitely really sore the first few weeks, but I'm used to it now and I LOVE it! It definitely helps me to get in my crosstraining! I have never been to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, but I'm hoping that with the TOT 10-miler and living so close to Disney, I'll have a chance this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling myself I could do a double workout b/c Rachel does them! LOL! My inspiration!...and I cursed you a bit when I was crazysore yesterday too. ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha I love it! I hope it gets easier ;)

      Delete
  7. Your photos are amazing! I've never been to the Halloween party, but I still love visiting (Disneyland) in the fall. It's so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I have seen Disneyland pics of fall and Christmas and it looks beautiful!

      Delete
  8. GREAT pictures! I love love love Disney World during the Fall. One of the best times to go, IMO! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It's really my favorite time too, October, b/c it's cooler as well...usually!

      Delete