Monday, October 21, 2013

What a week!

Is this Monday?  Where did the weekend go?  Shew!  It really was a crazy week around here.  Rey has been home, my mom came out to visit and my baby turned 13.  I had a busy weekend with petsitting on top of trying to get in a shoot with my new TEENAGER daughter and an Ed Sheeran birthday party...complete with a mouse! (more on that later) 

So, this post is just going to be all over the place just like my week was.  Running was fantastic, I got in all my training, including my long run of 5.5 miles on Friday. I did it in 1:00:52, just squeaking in at 10:59 pace.  I felt pretty good about that.   I had a bit of a cold as well but I got out there and did it.  My mom came to celebrate Savannah's birthday on Friday and we snapped some photos.  



My mom is a big Cardinals fan, if you can't tell.  She's also 81 years old...I hope genetics pays off for me b/c I don't think she looks it! 


Rey got the shot of us below and I LOVE it.  It's just one of those shots that you cherish.  


Saturday was full of petsitting but Savannah wanted to get her photo shoot done before turning 13 on Sunday.  Every year we do a shoot right around her bday, it's amazing how much she changes from year to year.  It was freezing but she found a way to pull it off.  I'll share more on WAW, but here's one of my favorites for now.


Yesterday was a whirlwind trying to get ready for her party.  It was Ed Sheeran themed, we even had a cardboard lifesize Ed.  She got a guitar for her bday, Dallas is going to teach her to play.


 One of her besties made a mini-Ed and mini-Savannah for the cake.  It was her favorite thing of the day.  She LOVED the cake. 



Fun time with her friends, they spent most of the evening outside.
 





 Birthday success!  After the boys went home, the girls all spent the night.  At 3am they woke me up squealing that the mouse trap I had set up in the kitchen had something in it rattling around!  Sure enough, caught him (this little guy had been eluding me for quite a few days) and a couple of the girls ran down the street with me in the middle of the night giggling (and in slight terror), so we could release our new friend far from the house.  I never did go back to sleep after that. 

It was a crazybusy week full of fun, but I'm ready for things to quiet down for the next few days before work picks back up for the weekend again.  Less than 2 weeks now until my next 10K, I'm getting excited! 

I would love to write more about how I'm feeling about being a mother to ONLY teens now, but I'm unsure exactly how to find the words and it's just not coming to me at this point.  I'm sure it will eventually, but for now I will say that I have adored every stage of my children's growth.  They are all fantastic and even though I'm sad for myself that my littles are big now, I enjoy them so much and the relationship I have with each of them. 

Did anyone else have a crazy week?  Races coming up?  Talk to me!  ;)

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a great week in your household! Nothing too crazy over here - got a new pair of running shoes though! That always is exciting lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind did you get Lauren? New kind or same as you normally wear? I'm loving my Brooks Ghost!

      Delete
    2. Same kind just updated version :0) I ran all year in them pain free and injury free and I still have yet to get a blister or lose a toenail so I stuck with 'em lol!

      Delete
    3. That's great! I haven't lost a toe nail or gotten any blisters either...but I have had my share of shoe injuries, I'm hoping the pair I have now are going to keep me finally injury free! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, your mom looks awesome! I cannot believe she is 81!!!! Seriously!!! And a big happy birthday to Savannah! All those photos turned out great. I'm in a funk at the moment with a head cold and my big diet fail last week (and continuing full sail onto this week) but your post cheered me up, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She has never looked her age, she had me at 40 and I remember people not believing she was 50 when I was 10 either. No more funk for you! Hope you feel better this week!

      Delete
  3. How can your mom be 81?! She looks AWESOME! Also, I forget, are your kids homeschooled? Looks like such a fun birthday party! Glad the girls had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I homeschool them...or just Savannah now, really. Dylan has graduated and Dallas will be finished by December, they are both gearing up for college now. That makes me feel so OLD!

      Delete
  4. Your mom totally does NOT look like she's in her 80's! Great pictures...love them all! Happy Birthday to Savannah. Great job on your run this weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I know, I hope I look like her at 81!

      Delete
  5. Wow, such a busy week for you! Great job on getting all your training in. I know you're going to do great at your 10k! Happy bday to Savannah, looks like her party was a huge success. And your mom looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom looks amazing, no way would she pass for 81!!! Great pictures, I wish I could take pictures the way you do, they really do come to life! Great pace on your run too, I look forward to the coming months when I can get back into running too!!! Lately I've lead a boring life, but it has been crazy busy with decorating for several different brides and their weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you find that cardboard cut out? I want one!

    ReplyDelete