Tuesday, December 23, 2014

2014 in Photos

2014 could certainly be called the year I stopped blogging!  I know I don't blog anymore, but since some of my blogger friends April & Patty are doing a year in photos, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Any excuse to post photos is my moto!  Don't expect me not to use words as well, I couldn't possibly just post photos.

Training for the Glass Slipper Challenge is going SO well, I really should be blogging about it!  I have gone back and read some of my entries from long runs last year at this time and it's like night and day.  I've learned to pace myself better, run intervals on long mileage, and even MISS RUNS when I need more recovery.  This year has all been about getting stronger and not pushing myself into injury because my ego says I "should" be doing it a certain way.  And it's made me a better runner in the process! 
I guess I should get to the pics, huh? ;)

This will definitely be my RUNNING year in photos, we did so many things that aren't running related, but this is a running blog, so...

January 2014 I was deep in training for my first half marathon! I was also injured and freaking out about not being able to complete it.

 One of my last long runs before my knees decided they were done...

February brought relief from my fears and the best reward ever!  Finishing my first half marathon.  Not only that I got a trip to WDW with my girl and met some amazing friends along the way. 







Oh I can see I'm not very good at only using a couple shots...are you surprised?

March was hard, I got sick and even though I knew it would happen, I was down about the Princess Half being over.  I had to refocus. Rey cheered me up by running the St. Pat's 5K with me!



It slowly warmed up and I kept on running, even when it felt like I was just going through the motions. My furry running partner (petsitting client) helped keep me motivated.  
I also started to plan my Glass Slipper Training! (and costumes, and drinks, and...well, everything else too!)



May brought my highest mileage of the year.  I have no clue what I was doing out there, just enjoying the weather I think!
  Dallas & I were back to biking as well.




Oh how I love early morning runs as the sun is coming up!  I miss those in the winter when it's just too cold and I'm waiting for it to warm up a bit.

The summer months were spent trying to get myself well conditioned and stay uninjured! I wanted to be ready to start training in the fall.  I ran 4 miles, 3 times a week, the whole summer.  I rarely did anything different.  Other than that, we went to Six Flags, I worked, and when I wasn't running, I was at a pool! 






September brought travel to see Ed Sheeran (twice! and meeting him in person!) but I still got in my runs.  Finally a race as well after the long summer.  The Mustache Dash 5K was fun to dress up for and I got a shiny new PR as well.  I was going to run the 10K but was having some foot tweaking (just tendonitis, I think) and decided I didn't want to end up injured right before half training, so I went with the 5K. 





October brought cooler temps and beautiful fall colors.  I LOVE running in the fall!  It also brought my first ever DNF.  I don't really feel bad about it anymore, it wasn't a running problem that caused me to stop. I had a client call me mid-race with an emergency with their dog, so when I got to the end of the first loop (5K) I had to leave.  I was pretty upset at the time because I was going to use the time to submit for PHM, but I already had a time submitted, so I got over it.



 I may have had a DNF, but Dallas ran the 5K and not only was able to finish but placed 2nd in his age group. Haha, he looked so tired before we started though!



The end of October  brought the best thing,  Official Glass Slipper Challenge Training!

November brought more miles and colder temperatures. 




In December the miles continued to climb and as I look back on the year, I feel pretty pleased with my accomplishments.  I've worked hard to get stronger and build my miles without injury. I'm feeling more ready than ever for the new year and the Glass Slipper Challenge.  I know I have some cold, long runs ahead of me, but I'm ready for the challenge!





Bring on 2015!!  Sorry-notsorry that was so long.  I'm sure this will be my last blog entry of the year since it has been months since I've blogged, but I post daily on Instagram if you are interested in following me there you can find me at twoboysnmygirl!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Love seeing everyone pics! Looks like you had a fun year. Happy Running in 2015
    Confessions of a Mother Runner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Karen I am so glad to see you had a blog post! I miss you! So glad that your training for PHM is going SO well, Hopefully we will see you again in Disney at some point.

    PS I just had that salted caramel GU for the first time a few weeks ago and I loved it!! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I miss you too! I miss reading everyone's blogs and writing my own, but life has decided I'm too busy for that this year and I'm lucky to even be getting my runs done sometimes! Mmm, salted caramel, It's it amazing?!?!? I won't use anything else now for fuel. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Yay I'm so glad to see your updates! I just don't seem to "get" Instagram but I try to remember to look at it sometimes! I'm gonna miss seeing you at PHM this year, we'll have to schedule a race together in 2016 for sure! Thanks for coming out of retirement to link up with us, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twinkie! I didn't get Instagram for a long time either and then I realized it was a great place to kind of "log" my life in photos (which you know I love!) and then I got a bit obsessed! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love that photo of us!!!! I'm so glad you had such a great year! Can't wait to hear about your GSC training :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Thanks Rachel...not quite as great as living in another country, livin the dream, but it was a fantastic year! :)

      Delete
  5. Love this! Cheers to a great 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete